How We Collect Information
- We receive and store personal information provided by you:
- when signing up online to become a CIG UK email subscriber.
- when registering online for CIG UK event tickets.
- if you apply for or take up some leadership or administrative position within CIG UK, including representing a member departmental Christian network.
- when donating and registering for gift aid. In addition personal information may be collected if you voluntarily complete one of our surveys.
How We Use Information
We collect information about you:
- to send you emails that you have subscribed to receive.
- to send you event tickets for which you have registered, and follow-up information about the events as necessary.
- as part of our fundraising activities where this is necessary e.g. to reclaim gift aid.
- as needed to further our aims as an organisation e.g. to consider your suitability if you apply for a position.
- to produce summary statistics e.g. the number of subscribers by department, that helps us target our services better. We use your data only when:
- you have given explicit consent;
- it is in our legitimate interest e.g. the data you’ve provided to us is necessary for us to provide you with the service.
Where sensitive personal data is requested when you subscribe to receive emails (e.g. about your faith), a ‘prefer not to say’ option is additionally provided. The legal basis for processing sensitive data is similar to that for data more generally; explicit consent and legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Information
We will not share your personal information with other organisations for marketing purposes unless you give your explicit consent on a case by case basis. We use several third party services to store and use the data you provide to us, so that we can provide our services to you. These include MailChimp (for emails you have signed up to receive) and Eventbrite (for our events management).
Storage and Security of Personal Information
CIG UK will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that when you provide your personal information it is done in a secure and confidential environment. When the information is no longer needed it will be destroyed or permanently rendered anonymous.
Controlling Your Personal Information
If you no longer want to receive CIG UK subscriber emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using information at the bottom of the email. You can access, amend or delete the information we hold about you as a ‘main’ or ‘prayer’ subscriber in MailChimp by clicking the “update preferences” link at the bottom of a relevant email.
Information you provide to us as part of registering for events is stored by Eventbrite. You can access data held by Eventbrite by contacting email@example.com.
You can also contact us directly to request information we hold about you, ask for amendments to or erasure of this information, or require that processing is restricted in line with your request. It may take up to 30 days to process your request.
If you wish to complain to CIG UK then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office then please follow this link to their website: https://ico.org.uk/