In this time of both uncertainty and significance for our nation, Christians in Government believe that Christians can play an important role in being prepared and joining in prayer, across the UK, for the UK.
This is not about politics, but all about seeking God. Our prayer is:
– For our future. We are praying ‘Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done’ for our government and nation. As the Bible says, we may not know what to do, but our eyes can be on God (2 Chron 20:12). We would like commit the UK to God, with Psalm 23 as our inspiration – for Jesus to be the Good Shepherd to the UK, to guide and bring deep comfort in this time of major transition.
– For thankfulness for the good we have here. We believe gratitude is an attitude. It does not brush over issues, but has the power to bridge divides and foster a positive way to relate to one another. As Martin Luther-King said, gratitude creates the atmosphere necessary for a fresh beginning.
– For reconciliation of hearts. We may not agree on details – we don’t have to. But we want to come together for our nation to pray for faith, love and hope for our future.
We are inviting churches across the UK to partner with us! We believe there is power in corporate prayer, that comes with a powerful promise for God to heal our land (2 Chronicles 7:14). Prayer has played a key role in the UK’s history, particularly at pivotal moments during the World Wars, such as at Dunkirk, the Battle of Britain, and D-Day. And we believe prayer can play a role in shaping our nation today. For some fantastic encouragement, see Pastor Agu’s message:
So we invite you to join us – in homes, every government and council office, and for churches to be open for prayer. In particular, we believe prayer is needed:
– Over the whole period, leading up to Brexit
– 3 days of prayer and fasting as we leave the EU (30th – the day before; 31st October– the day we leave; and 1st November – the day after)
– A National Day of Prayer on 30 October
Please invite your friends, and do let us know about your prayer events here. We will share inspiration on social media. If the Brexit date moves, we will pray anyway. And we will be ready to prayer again when we leave the EU.
Many thanks for joining us in this, and God bless!
Christians in Government